Sustainability at Lintec
Many stakeholders support the business of the Lintec Group. To meet their expectations and be trusted by them, all Lintec Group employees actively conduct CSR activities centered on the company motto, "Sincerity and Creativity,"
and in accordance with the "LINTEC WAY," which is an important value supporting the company motto, the BASIC CSR Approaches, and the Lintec Group Compliance Guidelines.
To materialize the key initiatives of the LINTEC SUSTAINABILITY VISION 2030 (LSV 2030), the long-term vision covering the period from April 2021 onward, we established a system to promote initiatives related to ESG and the SDGs, reviewed the Group's issues of materiality, and set key performance indicators (KPIs)★. Going forward, we will engage in strategic sustainability promotion activities by implementing the PDCA cycle.
- ★Key performance indicators (KPIs): KPIs are important indicators related to organizational strategies, and quantitatively measure progress toward targets.
Lintec Group Code of Conduct
Code of conduct
Guided by the Code of Conduct based on the company motto, "Sincerity and Creativity," officers and employees of theLintec Group shall act in compliance with high ethical standards and social norms.
[ Sincerity at the Lintec Group ]
- Respect for human rights
We respect the human rights and dignity of all stakeholders.
- Management and utilization of company assets
We strictly manage company assets and utilize them according to specific business purposes.
- Prohibition of acts involving conflicts of interest
We will act in the best interest of the Company and its stakeholders.
We shall not offer or accept any entertainment or gifts that may have the appearance of serving as bribes.
- Compliance with domestic and international law
We abide by all applicable laws and regulations as a corporate group trusted by the global community.
- Fair and transparent transactions
In conformity with the competitive order, we conduct appropriate transactions with customers and business partners.
- Prohibition of Bribery of Regulatory Bodies and Governments
We maintain sound relations with regulatory bodies and governments.
- Policy on anti-social forces
We prevent any involvement with anti-social organizations.
[ Creativity at the Lintec Group ]
- Sustainable manufacturing and service operations
We contribute to the resolution of social issues through our products and services.
- Enhancement of customer satisfaction
To enhance customer satisfaction, we are committed to offering high quality and high added value.
- Symbiosis with the global environment
We strive to reduce the burden of our operations on the environment to achieve harmonious existence with the global environment.
- Sound workplace environment
We create a workplace environment where employees can perform at their full potential.
- Challenge for Creativity
We will take on the challenge of creating new value.
- Social contribution activities
As a corporate citizen, we contribute to the development of more affluent regional and local communities.
- Building a relationship of trust with society
We establish relationships of trust with our stakeholders through appropriate information disclosure and dialogue.
Established January 2003 Revised April 2011 Revised January 2020
Participation in UN Global Compact
Having participated in the United Nations Global Compact since April 2011, the Lintec Group conducts business activities based on the following Ten Principles to contribute to the sustainable growth of society.
Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
ISO 26000 is an international standard that defines social responsibilities of all organizations. By referring to the seven core subjects, the Lintec Group promotes CSR activities.
Seven core subjects
Slide to view.
|Core subjects in social responsibility||Subjects|
|Organizational governance||Decision-making process and structure|
|Human rights||(1) Due diligence
(2) Human rights risk situations
(3) Avoidance of complicity
(4) Resolving grievances
(5) Discrimination and vulnerable groups
(6) Civil and political rights
(7) Economic, social and cultural rights
(8) Fundamental principles and rights at work
|Labour practices||(1) Employment and employment relationships
(2) Conditions of work and social protection
(3) Social dialogue
(4) Health and safety at work
(5) Human development and training in the workplace
|The environment||(1) Prevention of pollution
(2) Sustainable resource use
(3) Climate change mitigation and adaptation
(4) Protection of the environment, biodiversity and restoration of natural habitats
|Fair operating practices||(1) Anti-corruption
(2) Responsible political involvement
(3) Fair competition
(4) Promoting social responsibility in the value chain
(5) Respect for property rights
|Consumer issues||(1) Fair marketing, factual and unbiased information and fair contractual practices
(2) Protecting consumers' health and safety
(3) Sustainable consumption
(4) Consumer service, support, and complaint and dispute resolution
(5) Consumer data protection and privacy
(6) Access to essential services
(7) Education and awareness
|Community involvement and development||(1) Community involvement
(2) Education and culture
(3) Employment creation and skills development
(4) Technology development and access
(5) Wealth and income creation
(7) Social investment
RBA VAP Audit
Lintec voluntarily submitted its Agatsuma Plant for a Validated Assessment Program (VAP) audit, which assesses compliance with the Responsible Business Alliance (RBA) Code of Conduct, in October 2021. The audit aimed to confirm compliance with CSR-related standards, i.e., standards for labor, health and safety, the environment, and ethics, as well as their management. Lintec will continue to enhance its CSR management system through VAP auditing to fulfill its social responsibility and meet stakeholders' expectations.
- Message from the President
- Hightlight: Sustainability Promotion System
- Sustainability at Lintec
- Lintec Group's Stories about Solving Social Issues
- Materiality and KPIs
- Overview of the Lintec Group
- Value Chain and Stakeholders
- Lintec in Everyday Life
- Environmental Report
- Environmental Management System
- Developing Environmentally Friendly Products
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Reducing Waste
- Measures to Reduce Water Usage and Effluent
- Reduction of Environmentally Hazardous Substances
- Environmental Accounting
- Environmental Data of Group Companies Outside of Japan
- Relationship between Lintec and the Environment
- Social Report
- Providing Value to Customers
- Cooperating with Suppliers
- Together with Employees (Human Rights / Employment)
- Together with Employees (Human Resource Development)
- Together with Employees (Safety and Disaster Prevention)
- Together with Local Communities
- Together with Shareholders
- Communicating with Stakeholders
- Governance Report
- CSR Activities at Group Companies in and outside of Japan
- SDGs-related Initiatives
- Information Disclosure Based on TCFD Recommendations
- Download Report
- Corporate Policies
- Code of conduct
- Safety and Health
- Quality, Environment and Business Continuity
- Internal Control
- Editorial Policy
- Third-Party Opinion
- Third-Party Verification
- Performance Data
- GRI Index
- External evaluations