Materiality and KPIs
Materiality means issues that a company should focus on, identified from among a wide range of CSR activities. While the Lintec Group identified its materiality in 2014, the Group has reviewed the related themes in light of ever
changing social issues, and through a series of dialogues with stakeholders.
We incorporated the long-term vision, LINTEC SUSTAINABILITY VISION 2030, launched in April 2021, as well as the perspective of SDGs, into our new materiality focus and set key performance indicators (KPIs)*1. We will work on the newly identified materiality themes and promote related activities across the Lintec Group.
- ★Key performance indicators (KPIs): KPIs are important indicators related to organizational strategies, and quantitatively measure progress toward targets.
Materiality and KPIs of the Lintec Group
Process of reviewing materiality
Analyze the value chain
We examined the value chain, as well as business activities and ESG★ themes of each division.
We also analyzed risks and opportunities with regard to ESG themes in the valuechain.
Identify social demands
We identified and narrowed down important ESG topics based on changes invarious international guidelines and frameworks, such as the SDGs, GRI Standards, the United Nations Global Compact, and ISO 26000, as well as on information from ESG rating agencies.
Identify internal importance
We looked into internal information, such as medium- to long-term strategies andbusiness plans of each division and department formulated based on the long-term vision, LINTEC SUSTAINABILITY VISION 2030, and identified ESG themes that have a large impact on our business.
Identify material issues
We identified material issues by using a map that shows societal needs and internal importance and discussing areas that are relevant in deciding the importance.
Based on the identified materiality, we set performance indicators for ouractivities and proceed with implementation.
- ★ESG: ESG collectively refers to the following three elements: environmental, social, and governance. These three elements are considered to be important for the long-term growth of a company.
Multiple departments were involved in the materiality review. Focusing on the value chain, they looked at changing societal trends, as well as global business activities and business strategies of the Lintec Group.
In identifying internal importance (STEP 3), we weighted the themes not only based on the vision and each department’s strategies but also at the discretion of top management, including the chairman and the president. The themes were then mapped in relation to external importance (STEP 4). The identification of material subjects and issues was finalized after obtaining approval from the Board of Directors.
- Message from the President
- Hightlight: Sustainability Promotion System
- Sustainability at Lintec
- Lintec Group's Stories about Solving Social Issues
- Materiality and KPIs
- Overview of the Lintec Group
- Value Chain and Stakeholders
- Lintec in Everyday Life
- Environmental Report
- Environmental Management System
- Developing Environmentally Friendly Products
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Reducing Waste
- Measures to Reduce Water Usage and Effluent
- Reduction of Environmentally Hazardous Substances
- Environmental Accounting
- Environmental Data of Group Companies Outside of Japan
- Relationship between Lintec and the Environment
- Social Report
- Providing Value to Customers
- Cooperating with Suppliers
- Together with Employees (Human Rights / Employment)
- Together with Employees (Human Resource Development)
- Together with Employees (Safety and Disaster Prevention)
- Together with Local Communities
- Together with Shareholders
- Communicating with Stakeholders
- Governance Report
- CSR Activities at Group Companies in and outside of Japan
- SDGs-related Initiatives
- Information Disclosure Based on TCFD Recommendations
- Download Report
- Corporate Policies
- Code of conduct
- Safety and Health
- Quality, Environment and Business Continuity
- Internal Control
- Editorial Policy
- Third-Party Opinion
- Third-Party Verification
- Performance Data
- GRI Index
- External evaluations