- 1920s to 40s Stage of creation
1920s to 40s Stage of creation
Started first domestic mass production of gummed tape
Keisuke Shiwaku established “FUJI SHOKAI” in Sugamo, Tokyo in April 1927, and started production of gummed tape. Gummed tape is tape coated by a water-soluble adhesive on craft paper and is used by wetting the adhesive surface for attachments such as stamps. At that time, the demand expanded rapidly as the cardboard box replaced the wooden box.
This is the origin of the adhesive technology and the precision thin-film coating technology of our company. We started our business in earnest as “FUJI SHIKO CORPORATION*” in 1934 after we moved our base to Itabashi, Tokyo.
- Company name was changed to “FSK CORPORATION” in 1984.
- Apr.1927Keisuke Shiwaku established FUJI SHOKAI in Sugamo, Tokyo.
Started production and sales of gummed tape for packaging
- Aug.1931FUJI SHOKAI was reorganized and FUJI GOMEI KAISHA was established. Head office and head factory were relocated to Itabashi, Tokyo
- Oct.1934FUJI GOMEI KAISHA was reorganized and
FUJI SHIKO CORPORATION was established
- Mar.1937Started production and sales of gummed tape for plywood
- Nov.1945Started production and sales of gummed tape for seals and labels
- 1950s to 60s Stage of business base building
1950s to 60s Stage of business base building
Promoted to build the domestic business foundation
We built sales offices in major Japanese cities including Osaka, Nagoya, Sapporo, Sendai, and Fukuoka to respond to reconstruction demand after the war. At the same time, we established new domestic factories one after another, including the Tatsuno Plant (at that time called the “Kansai Plant”), which is the current main manufacturing base.
In 1960, we started manufacturing and sales of adhesive materials for seals and labels, which are our current major products. In addition, in 1962, we developed an automatic packaging machine (cardboard box automatic sealing machine) manufacturing department, and established in the industry a unique style that is the combination of “adhesive materials and related equipment” and that led us to today’s business.
- Sep.1950Osaka Office was opened. From this year, started to develop sales nationally and establish large-scale bases
- Apr.1953Established the laboratory in the head office in Itabashi, and started full-scale development of technologies and products
- Dec.1959Warabi Plant in Saitama Prefecture, was opened and the mass production system for gummed tape was established
- Mar.1960Started production and sales of adhesive papers for printing. Later also started production and sales of adhesive films
- Mar.1962Established the automatic packaging machine manufacturing department, and started sales of the system combined with gummed tape for packaging
- Oct.1968Transferred the laboratory to the Warabi Plant. Started development of new products taking advantage of our unique technologies
- Mar.1969Built the Kansai Plant (Hyogo Prefecture, current Tatsuno Plant) as the products supply base in the West Japan region
- 1970s to 80s Stage of entry into growth business
1970s to 80s Stage of entry into growth business
Entered into new businesses one after another
In the 1970s, we started developing and manufacturing labeling machines. In addition, we moved ahead with new application developments for adhesive materials including window films for buildings to enhance the safety of glass and marking film, so called “paint to be attached” used for signboards and body stripe stickers for automobiles and motorcycles.
In 1986, for the first time in the industry, we developed a UV curable dicing tape that can control adhesive strength by irradiation of ultraviolet rays (UV) and entered into the semiconductor-related field.
- Mar.1972Started production and sales of labeling machines
- Jul.1975Built the Kanto Plant (Gunma Prefecture, current Agatsuma Plant) as the products supply base in the East Japan region
- Oct.1984Company name was changed to FSK CORPORATION
- Jul.1986Listed on second section of Tokyo Stock Exchange
- 1986Developed UV curable dicing tape and made full-scale entry into the semiconductor-related business
- Sep.1987FSK OF AMERICA, INC. (current LINTEC USA HOLDING, INC.) was established and MADICO, INC., which was a local window films manufacturer, became a subsidiary
- Oct.1987Merged with FSK ENGINEERING, INC.
- Mar.1989Approved for listing on first section of Tokyo Stock Exchange
Second stage of creation
1990s Second stage of creation
Started “LINTEC CORPORATION” through the merger of three companies
In April 1990, we merged with SHIKOKU PAPER CO., LTD., and SOHKEN KAKO CO., LTD., and started “LINTEC CORPORATION”. We developed an integrated manufacturing system from upstream (base paper for release papers) to downstream (adhesive products), and at the same time, we expanded our business to the fields of specialty papers, release papers and films.
In 1991, we entered into the field of optical functional films for LCDs. In addition, during this period, in Indonesia and Singapore we established local manufacturing bases and sales bases, which still play the main role in our business in Southeast Asia.
- Apr.1990Merged with SHIKOKU PAPER CO., LTD., and SOHKEN KAKO CO., LTD. Company name was changed to LINTEC CORPORATION
- 1991Made full-scale entry into LCD-related business
- May1992LINTEC RESEARCH BOSTON, INC., was established as the research and development base in the U.S.A.
- Feb.1994Singapore Office was opened
- May1994PT. LINTEC INDONESIA was established as the manufacturing and sales base of adhesive products
- Jan.1995MODERN PLASTIC INDUSTRIES CO., LTD., became a subsidiary
- Apr.1995The Singapore sales office was locally incorporated and LINTEC SINGAPORE PRIVATE LIMITED was established
- Apr.1995LINTEC EUROPE B.V. in the Netherlands, was established
- Dec.1995New Research Center in Saitama Prefecture, was built
- Apr.1996Merged with MODERN PLASTIC INDUSTRIES CO., LTD.
- Oct.1997Shingu Plant in Hyogo Prefecture, was opened as the manufacturing base of optical-related products
- Mar.1999LINTEC INDUSTRIES (SARAWAK) SDN. BHD. in Malaysia, was established as the local manufacturing base
- 2000s and today Stage of growth acceleration
2000s and today Stage of growth acceleration
Further promotion of business globalization
In addition to the establishment of new manufacturing bases in Suzhou, China and in Korea, we are promoting the rapid establishment and expansion of our manufacturing and sales network centered on Asian regions. Furthermore, we are striving domestically to introduce the most advanced equipment and to establish a high-efficiency manufacturing system, which included the reorganization of the Tatsuno Plant in 2008.
The LINTEC Group continues to grow further with technological innovation and new product development pre-empting the needs of the present age based on the unique adhesive technologies cultivated since the foundation of the company.
- Apr.2000LINTEC INDUSTRIES (MALAYSIA) SDN. BHD., was established as the local manufacturing base
- Jul.2000LINTEC ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES (TAIWAN), INC., was established
- Oct.2000LINTEC ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES (USA), INC., was established
- Jul.2001Europe Office in Germany, was opened
- Jun.2002LINTEC (SUZHOU) TECH CORPORATION in China, was established as the local manufacturing base
- Aug.2002LINTEC SPECIALITY FILMS (KOREA), INC., was established as the local manufacturing base
- Aug.2003LINTEC SPECIALITY FILMS (TAIWAN), INC., was established as the local manufacturing base
- Oct.2003Europe Office was locally incorporated and LINTEC ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES (EUROPE) GMBH was established
- Feb.2004LINTEC ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES (SHANGHAI), INC. in China, was established
- Sep.2004LINTEC KOREA, INC., was established as the local manufacturing base
- Jan.2009LINTEC ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES (USA), INC., and LINTEC RESEARCH BOSTON, INC., were merged and reorganized as LINTEC OF AMERICA, INC.
- Aug.2010Completed renovation of the Tatsuno Plant
- Jun.2011LINTEC (THAILAND) CO., LTD., was established as the local manufacturing base
- Dec.2013Nano-Science & Technology Center, LINTEC OF AMERICA, INC., was opened
- Jan.2015LINTEC ASIA PACIFIC REGIONAL HEADQUARTERS PRIVATE LIMITED in Singapore, was established as the regional headquarter in South East Asia and India
- Oct.2016VDI, LLC, a functional film manufacturer in the United States, became a subsidiary
- Nov.2016LINTEC GRAPHIC FILMS LIMITED(current LINTEC EUROPE (UK) LIMITED), a company that engages in the processing and sales of adhesive products in the United Kingdom, became a subsidiary
- Dec.2016MACTAC AMERICAS, LLC, a manufacturer of adhesive papers and films for printing in the United States, became a subsidiary
- Nov.2017LINTEC BKK PTE LIMITED was merged into LINTEC (THAILAND) CO., LTD.