Highlight 2 Activities of the SDGs Committee:
Addressing Social Issues through Business
To Share a Common Vision for the Future with All Employees
The Lintec Group upholds the company motto of "Sincerity and Creativity" and a mission statement that reads: "For tomorrow we build today". Based on such principles, the SDGs* Committee was established to think about a sustainable future and accelerate the creation of businesses that will contribute to addressing social issues. The Committee comprises 26 members from a wide variety of sections, including research, production, sales, corporate strategy, and general affairs, and has been studying the SDGs since February 2018. It has also engaged in a series of discussions on how our Group should work on the SDGs.
For the Lintec Group to incorporate SDGs into corporate management and proceed with relevant activities in a structured way, it is most important to share a common vision for the future with all employees. To this end, the SDGs Committee concluded its activities for fiscal 2018 by discussing what the Lintec Group should be like in 2030. The aim is to share the status of our Group in 2030, the year by which the SDGs should be achieved, with all employees, to carry out what we should do now, and to work toward how we should be. In March 2019, a proposal was made to top management, including the chairman and the president. The Committee continues to hold a series of discussions to formulate our ideal for the Group.
- *SDGs: SDGs stands for Sustainable Development Goals, comprising 17 goals and 169 targets. They were adopted by the United Nations in September 2015.
Work of Each Employee is Linked to Society
Through such activities, members of the SDGs Committee reaffirmed the fact that the work of each employee is linked to society as well as the importance of looking ahead to heed the cues of society, while continuing to value the opinions of customers.
The Committee also realized that embracing new ideas and diversity as well as proactively offering information through open interactions in and outside the company is important to generate innovation that can address social issues.
Work toward 2030 has just started. In the global field, each employee will bear in mind what kind of group we want to be and take on the challenge to address social issues.
Major activities conducted by SDGs Committee during fiscal 2018
- Studies related to CSR, SDGs, and backcasting
- Organization of correspondence relations between the Lintec Group's materiality (important issues), existing businesses, R&D themes, and SDGs
- Benchmarking medium-to long-term goals against other companies and related research
- Planning and proposal for the Lintec Group's ideal vision
From SDGs Committee members
Deepening my understanding of the SDGs has had a positive impact on my day-to-day work. I have become accustomed to spontaneously thinking about the connection between the topic of development and current social issues.
New Materials Research Department
I was able to learn how important corporate philosophy and being future-oriented is in addressing social issues. My goal is to make the company an organization that my child is amazed by in the future.
Corporate Strategic Office
Through the SDGs Committee, I was able to reacknowledge the wide range of businesses our Group has. I feel that we have produced a small but real bud of innovation.
Fine & Specialty Paper Technology Section
Fine & Specialty Paper Production Department
We will be formulating how the Lintec Group should be in 2030 and implementing specific initiatives. In doing so, I will contribute to addressing social issues at the frontline of manufacturing.
Production Technology Section
- Message from the President
- Hightlight: Sustainability Promotion System
- Sustainability at Lintec
- Lintec Group's Stories about Solving Social Issues
- Materiality and KPIs
- Overview of the Lintec Group
- Value Chain and Stakeholders
- Lintec in Everyday Life
- Environmental Report
- Environmental Management System
- Developing Environmentally Friendly Products
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Reducing Waste
- Measures to Reduce Water Usage and Effluent
- Reduction of Environmentally Hazardous Substances
- Environmental Accounting
- Environmental Data of Group Companies Outside of Japan
- Relationship between Lintec and the Environment
- Social Report
- Providing Value to Customers
- Cooperating with Suppliers
- Together with Employees (Human Rights / Employment)
- Together with Employees (Human Resource Development)
- Together with Employees (Safety and Disaster Prevention)
- Together with Local Communities
- Together with Shareholders
- Communicating with Stakeholders
- Governance Report
- CSR Activities at Group Companies in and outside of Japan
- SDGs-related Initiatives
- Information Disclosure Based on TCFD Recommendations
- Download Report
- Corporate Policies
- Code of conduct
- Safety and Health
- Quality, Environment and Business Continuity
- Internal Control
- Editorial Policy
- Third-Party Opinion
- Third-Party Verification
- Performance Data
- GRI Index
- External evaluations