July 8, 2016
Release of four types of originally designed view control films for window glass, which look either transparent or translucent, depending on the angle
While taking advantage of the clarity of window glass, the product can cut off unnecessary fields of view and help protect privacy
LINTEC has developed originally designed view control films: when applied to clear glass, these films can make it look either transparent or translucent, depending on the angle. The lineup will be launched on July 15 and it includes four types of films that control view and privacy from different angles.
Application of the technology developed through our in-house light diffusion films
In the past, LINTEC offered similar view control films, which made windows appear either transparent or translucent, depending on the angle; however, at the end of March 2014, we terminated the products because the raw material was discontinued.
However, because of growing market requests for reselling the products as well as the possibility of applying the technology developed in-house using light diffusion films * for optical display, we have decided to re-release equivalent films as new items for “WINCOS Decorative Films,” our line of films for building windows.
- Optically functional films that diffuse light transmission efficiently. They are expected to be applied to reflective displays, which show information by reflecting sunlight or illuminating light without backlighting.
Restricting unnecessary parts of view without compromising on transparency and natural lighting
Newly released are four types of films including: X-1515 (appears translucent from the front), Y-2555 (appears partially translucent in one direction), Z-2555 (appears translucent from two directions), and W-0055 (appears translucent from a wide range of one direction). The products are more durable and user-friendly than previous versions. Restricting unnecessary parts of view without compromising transparency and natural lighting, these films can preserve the view through the window and contribute to privacy protection.
Combining its feature of preventing the scattering of glass fragments when glass is broken while reducing UV, these films are most suitable for offices, shops, window glass, doors, and partitions in private houses. We are excitedly rolling them out not only for the domestic market, but also for foreign markets like North America or Europe.
All product list
- X-1515: a film which appears translucent from the front (within the range of -15° and +15° from the viewing point)
- Y-2555: a film which appears translucent from one direction (within the range of +25° and +55° from the viewing point)
- Z-2555: a film which appears translucent from two parts in two directions (within the range of ±25° and ±55° from the viewing point)
- W-0055: a film which appears translucent from one direction (within the range of 0° and +55° from the viewing point)
- The angles at which the window appears translucent are measurements, not guaranteed.
The contents of the News Release are as of the announcement date. Please note that they may differ from the latest information.